Pages

Tuesday 22 December 2020

Treasure Map Cods KS / SLJ - Week 2 / Kick Start

  -- SUMMER LEARNING JOURNEY -- 



-- KICK START --

Task Description:
Here We are. Sorry for the long wait just for this blog post. I have been pretty busy but I've got this activity ready for you to check out. Today we got to learn how to encrypt and decrypt this type of coding. You get a hang of it super fast which is why I found this task easy. This coding is called pigpen Cipher
 and surprisingly fun when you knew how it works because you can say anything using the code. The Step it up activity for this task will be coming soon so don't worry. This is my own coding we were asked to make and this is how it looks like. This is a part of the create task in the slide show. What I had to do was pick a beach I like and give a clue which you will be solving to figure it out. 

How to solve this type of coding:
Before I explain how it works I'm going to give you a little hint and that is that the first letter is T. If you are wondering "How is it T" Well.. By looking at the huge X where the T is you can see that its little section makes a triangle pointing to the right. So what your doing is using the letter and looking at the graph where the letters  is. After that you look at the lines around the letter. For example: E, in the graph makes a square because the lines around it make a square. Because there are two graphs from A to R the second graph has to have a dot in the center so than it doesn't confuse the person solving it. The reason why is because the graph is the same but the letters in it is different. Just so you could understand more , E on the first graph makes a square. And on the second graph N has a square as well representing the letter. People will get confuse which is why you have to use the dot so they know N is the second graph. And all I said with the top graphs is the same with the bottom ones ( X ) . I hope you understand this well. I would have explained it on screencastify but my mic was not working. 

WHAT IS THE CLUE AND BEACH TO MY CAVE ? Tell me in the comment section and I'll reply back telling you if you got it correct or not!!!

8 comments:

  1. Kia ora Deborah, My name is Deborah from Glen Innes School, I really liked your presentation and description its awesome yours is definitely better than mine. K E E P I T U P!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As well as you Deborah. I saw yours and it was well done! You did amazing with your video as well. THanks for commenting!!

      Delete
  2. Hey Deborah,

    Great work on this task and great cifer, Took me a while to get this one. I deciphered the code but I don’t know where the beach is. That’s cool that it has that though. These are the initials of my guess (so others can still give it a go) MBR

    I’ll hit you back with one of my own. This is the name of my favourite beach.

    ⊐」୮」☐>」Γ

    The first and third letters are supposed to have dots in them but I couldn’t find symbols that did that.

    See you later in the comments.

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Daniel!

      Thanks for visiting my blog. I properly made my clue a bit to long. I see you have given me a pigpen cipher code for me to decry pt. Is it Maraetai Beach ! Thanks for commenting and visiting my blog, I hope your having a great day.

      Delete
    2. Hey Deborah,

      Yes it was quite long but that made it more of a challenge and more fun, Did I get it right? the initials stood for Milford Beach Reserve.

      You got mine absolutely correct it is Maraetai, well done.

      Merry Christmas Deborah,

      Daniel

      Delete
    3. Kia ora Daniel !

      Your were so close for the beach but it was Wairau beach in North shore but don't worry. It was a pretty hard one anyways. Horray! I got it correct. Thanks Daniel!!!

      Merry Christmas to you as well Daniel !

      Delete
  3. Great work I really enjoyed your presentation. Your description was also good! keep it up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Helena!

      Thanks for visiting my blog. Your doing great work as well, KEEP IT UP !

      Delete