Pages

Saturday 26 December 2020

Maui me te rā / SLJ / Week 2

    -- SUMMER LEARNING JOURNEY --


Task Description: 
Kia ora! Sorry again for the delay for this blog post. I couldn't really figure out what we had to do for this task because it was in Maori so I just wrote a poem about Maui and how he felt after slowing down the sun. I didn't really know what to do so for the SLJ team, feel free to tell me in the comment section if I did this incorrectly. I wasn't able to do the step it up task but I hope you enjoy it and check it out.

3 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Deborah,

    My name is Zana and I am a blog commenter from the Summer Learning Journey.

    I really enjoyed this activity as I love the story of Māui and the Sun and it is fun seeing everyone interpretations of the story in their poems. It is understandable that you found this activity challenging as it is in Te Reo Māori but you powered through and completed it anyway so congratulations.

    I thought your poem was well written and supported the original story well, I like your use of rhyming words such as weak and complete. Did you learn something new while doing this activity?

    Happy Holidays, Keep up the great work and I hope to see more of your posts over the summer.

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Zana!

      Thank you for commenting, I love getting comments on my blog posts which is why i'm glad you did. This was pretty tricky to translate but I managed to complete it. Thank you so much for the thoughtful comment. And something I learn't from this task was that figuring out or translating other languages can be difficult but it's always great to learn something knew when trying to figure out what it means. Thank you Zana for commenting!

      Deborah :)

      Delete
    2. Hi Deborah,
      No problem I enjoy reading and commenting on your posts, I agree that although it is tricky to translate and learn something in a new language it is worthwhile because you would have learnt something new!
      -Zaja

      Delete