Pages

Wednesday 16 December 2020

Tanerore / Summer Learning Journey / Week 1

  -- SUMMER LEARNING JOURNEY --


-- Kick Start --


-- Step It Up --

Task Description: 
Hey guys! I'm back with another activity. I had a choice to create something called a kowhaiwhai on either a google drawings template or on paper. I choose to create the kowhaiwhai on a google drawing template because I knew how I was going to recreate it. By clicking on the line source I clicked on curve which gave me a curve line which helped with the twists and turns. Check it out !

Have you ever learn't or seen and Maori motifs ? Feel free to tell me in the comments section and I'll reply back !



6 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Deborah,

    My name is Zana and I am a blog commenter from the Summer Learning Journey.

    I thought this activity was very interesting as it teaches you about Tānerore who you are able to see often on these hot summer days and about the infamous kowhaiwhai pattern seen throughout Māori culture. I was glad to read what you had learnt about Tānerore, have you seen him in the hot air yet this summer?

    Good job again for completing the kickstart and the step it up challenge for this activity! Your Kowhaiwhai patterns look awesome, I love the different variations of patterns you used, I especially like the Mangopare pattern as that is my favourite, it looks like a hammerhead shark and represents strength.

    I have seen Kowhaiwhai patterns a lot at the marae, my classroom and museums. Have you seen the Kowhaiwhai patterns before and if so where?

    Keep up the great work and I hope to see more of your posts over the summer.

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bula Zana!

      Your comments are very lovely and helpful. I very much loved this task because it was simple and easy to do.

      Delete
  2. Hi Deborah, I like your Tanerore it looks really awesome, you have an inner artist in you. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Malo Helena!

      For the lovely and heart touching comment. I wouldn't say I have an inner artist in me but thanks for that. *LOL*! thank you for stopping by and checking out my blog.

      Delete
  3. Kia ora Deborah, My name is also Deborah from Glen Innes School, Your Tanerore is I.N.C.R.E.D.I.B.L.E!!, This Maori art of yours is so cool! your doing great Deborah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Deborah!

      Thank you for this encouraging comment. I appreciate this and what you said in the comment. I saw your Pattern and I really loved it because it was created with your own pair hands. YOUR DOING GREAT AS WELL !

      Delete