Pages

Monday 21 December 2020

My Hana Kōkō Design / SLJ / Week 2

  -- SUMMER LEARNING JOURNEY -- 



Task Description:
Welcome and Greetings! It is Monday the 21st of December and this is the last post for today. What we had to do was create our own Hana Kōkō Design. Hana Kōkō is the Maori Santa. We had to choose a Santa out fit based on the weather or anything. My Hana Kōkō design is based on my Tongan culture which is why I have traditional Tongan pieces that are a part of the outfit. Here is a video you can check out if you want to know how it is pronounce and what it is.

What is your favorite part of Santa's outfit ? Tell me in the in the comment section and I'll reply !!!

4 comments:

  1. Mālō e lele Deborah

    My name is Renee and I’m from the Summer Learning Journey Team. Wow, what a fantastic blog-post - ka pai Deborah! You have really gone above and beyond with your work on this activity - it is so awesome that you recorded yourself describing the Santa outfit you designed as I love hearing you pronounce the various Tongan words. I also really appreciate all of the detail you have included in your design and how you have taken the time to provide an explanation on the various pieces of clothing and accessories that make up your Santa’s outfit.

    This is such an awesome post that I have awarded you bonus points towards your Summer Learning Journey tally.

    My favourite part of the outfit you designed is the Christmas shirt as this has managed to give a nod to traditional fashion but then you have brought it into the modern era with fun colours and designs. I could imagine people wearing that shirt at a BBQ or the beach today even!

    What are you looking forward to this Christmas season? I am looking forward to spending time with my whanau and swimming at the beach.

    Ngā mihi nui and keep up the excellent mahi - I can’t wait to see your other posts over the summer.

    Renee (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Malo Renee!

      I am very great full for this lovely and thoughtful comment I've received from you. OMG! I am so excited for Christmas and just spending time with whanau just like you. It's always great to have quality time with family. This Christmas I am spending time with my family by going to the beach and having a feed. Also thanks for the bonus points.
      THANK YOU!!!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Deborah,

    WOW... your Hana Koko outfit inspired by your Tongan culture is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Malo Helena!

      Thank you so much for this lovely comment. I hope your day is going great.

      Delete