Pages

Wednesday 16 December 2020

Te Reo Maori - What are you doing today? / Summer Learning Journey / Week 1

 -- SUMMER LEARNING JOURNEY --


Task Description: 
Hey everyone! Today we are starting off the day with some te reo Maori. I love the Maori culture which is why this was a very exciting activity to me. What I had to do was listen to recordings and organize the missing words into the sentence in order for it to make sense. What I loved about this activity is that not only were we just organizing words into sentences but we were learning how to say simple sentences in Maori like "What did you do today?" and "I am going to.." in Maori. The pictures beside the word at the end of the presentation was very helpful because by looking at it I straight away knew what the word meant. Check it out to see if you can learn a bit as well.

Have you ever learn't te reo Maori Before ? Feel free to tell me in the comment section and I will reply !

6 comments:

  1. Kia ora Deborah, My name is also Deborah from Glen Innes School, I liked your description and your work, your doing an amazing job Deborah!, Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Deborah!

      Thank you for commenting. I found this super fun to complete. And I thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Malo e lelei Deborah,

    My name is Zana and I am a blog commenter from the Summer Learning Journey.

    I enjoyed this activity because I think it is important for everyone to learn and practice their Te Reo Māori. Your slide was very well done and you translated and rearranged the sentences well!

    I see in the last slide that you are going to play netball today, that is awesome. I would like to know what position you play? When I played netball I was always WA or C (but only if I had to), WA is my favourite position.

    To step up your work you could try posting a screencastify of yourself saying those sentences in Te Reo Māori. Keep up the great work and I hope to see more of your posts over the summer.

    Malo ‘Aupito,
    Zana Yates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Zana!
      Thank you for stopping by and commenting. I agree with you that this was a very important activity because everyone gets to learn and practice their Te Reo Maori. I'll add in a video into the presentation of me saying those sentences. And in netball I play GS. I had a great time playing netball with my family at the net ball courts.

      Delete
  3. Kia ora Deborah, I can see you have got off to a great start with the SLJ and have been busy with the activities AND commenting. This is awesome to see. Mr Burt and I were looking at your blog and very impressed with the way you have completed this activity. Ka pai.
    Mrs Burt
    Manaiakalani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Malo Mrs and Mr Burt!

      I've really enjoyed the tasks we have been given so far during the Summer Learning Journey. Thank you for stopping by and commenting. I hope you two are having a great week. THANK YOU!

      FROM: DEBORAH !!

      Delete