Pages

Monday 21 December 2020

Build a Xylophone with Deborah! / SLJ / Week 2 !

  -- SUMMER LEARNING JOURNEY --




Task Description:
Kia ora! and welcome to week 2 of the summer learning journey program. Today we are starting the week with a task by Nano Girl! who has great science related activity's that we get to do for science. This week for science is based on sounds and different noises or tunes that can be made only using the things around you. Today we got to make a Xylophone using five peaces of paper as well as some tape and scissors. Watch this video I've inserted in order to know how to make this if you are interested. I loved and enjoyed this task very much because it was super easy to make and all we needed was some paper as well as tape and scissors which are things you can find around the house. I hope you check this video out and make it your self and to just be creative with it.

What things could you use around your house to make sounds or tunes ? Tell me in the comment section and I'll reply back !

7 comments:

  1. Hi Deborah,
    Thank you so much for making such a great video! Your xylophone sounds amazing and you have shown incredible engineering skills by building such a great sounds instrument.
    I can't wait to see the results of your next Nanogirl experiment!
    Nanogirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nanogirl!

      For visiting my blog as well as this fun and enjoyable activity. I had a great experience making a Xylophone using only paper, tape and scissors. As well as the lovely comment. And I'll make sure the results for the next Nanogirl experiment is going to be great.
      THANK YOU!!!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mālō e lele Deborah

    Ka pai for producing yet another incredible blog post! I am so impressed with your mahi and again I have awarded this blog post bonus points towards your Summer Learning Journey tally. You are so great at using Screencastify to record yourself and that really adds another dimension to your blog posts.

    The xylophone you have made looks really cool also - I love the use of the different coloured paper for each tube. I also can clearly hear how each tube sounds different when you tap it.

    Other items around my house that I could use to make music include, pots and pans as drums, a tupperware container filled with rice as a shaker or I could fill glasses with water and then run a damp finger around the edge to make a whistling sound.

    What other items around your house would you like to try to make sounds with?

    Ngā mihi nui and keep up the excellent mahi.

    Renee (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora and Thank you Renee!

      Ohw! Thank your for the bonus point. I really Much enjoyed making this and really just seeing what different tunes I could make. Thank you so much.

      Delete
  4. Hi Deborah,

    What an awesome xylophone you have created! well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Helena!

      Thank you for commenting. I enjoyed this task very much and I hope you did as well. Thanks!

      Delete