Pages

Thursday 17 December 2020

Rise Up / SLJ / Kick Start / Week 1

  -- SUMMER LEARNING JOURNEY --


Task Description:
Welcome everyone! I've finally completed this task after many thoughts in my head about what I was going to do. I sadly could't complete the step it up part but that's okay. A task today that we were given was based upon a song a school called Mangere College created. They created a song called "We Will Rise". What we had to do was watch a bit of the video we were instructed to watch that would be that part we were going to change up into our own little lyrics. We were able to change it and base it on anything we wanted, as well as the background to match the song and lyrics. My schools motto is "Strive To Succeed" and is very important to my school so I decided to have the song based on it. Strive to Succeed mean that we strive in tell we accomplish something and is something I've learn't ever since I was little at Pt England School. When I say "Empowering our Kids" what I mean by that is we encourage the little ones to follow their dreams and to strive to succeed. When I say "We all play a special part" that mean each and individual student at my school has something special they are passionate about and they play a special part. And lastly when I say "Seek the path" that means, seek the right path where there will be many door for you. And that's all for today but I hope you liked it.

If you enjoyed this blog post Please leave a comment and I'll reply back!  

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Deborah, My name is also Deborah from Glen Innes School. WOW !! Your work is amazing ! I really loved how you used your school model!, Its so cool! Your description is awesome! Keep it up Deborah !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deborah!

      I thank you for this positive and thoughtful comment!
      Your doing a great job as well. KEEP IT UP!

      Delete
  2. Kia Ora Julianna,

    It’s Charlotte again, a commenter for the Manaiakalani Summer Learning Journey. I thought the work you have done on the ‘Rise Up’ task was so awesome!

    I think that song writing is such an amazing talent! The kids from Mangere College did such a great job making this song. What did you think of this song?

    I agree, I also really liked this activity because it was so creative and fun! What inspired the lyrics of your song? What was your favourite part of this activity?

    If you want to get even more points for the Summer Learning Journey, you can give the ‘Step it up’ challenge for this activity a go! You can find this using this link. This requires you to create a screen castify of you speaking/singing the chorus you created.

    Ngā mihi nui
    Charlotte
    Summer Learning Journey

    ReplyDelete