Pages

Sunday 27 December 2020

Te Huarere/Weather / SLJ / Kick Start - Step It up / Week 2

 -- SUMMER LEARNING JOURNEY --


-- Step It up --

Task Description: 
Kia ora and Welcome! this is just a catch up blog post from Thursday just for you all to check out. For this task I got to learn some te reo Maori that is based on the weather, so I got to learn how to reply back if someone asked what was the weather forecast. As you can see there is a video I inserted. The video is of me going through the slide show just if you are interested. I loved the this task very much because I enjoyed sharing some te reo Maori with fellow blog viewers of min that weren't familiar with the culture.
 Check it out!

Come along and learn some te reo Maori with me !
And tell me how it went by commenting on this blog post. Was it hard?  Or  Was it Easy ?

4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Deborah

    Ben here from the SLJ team.

    Tino pai tō mahi! Your video is really great, thanks for walking us through the activity. You seem really confident speaking to this topic, have you learnt much te reo Māori before?
    I found this activity quite straight forward but still really helpful. I’ve been learning reo Māori for about two years, and I’m really glad to see these cool activities as part of the SLJ.

    You’re right, it can get confusing at times but learning a whole new language is a huge challenge.

    Keep up the great work!

    Benjamin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Benjamin !

      OMG, thank you for this lovely and kind comment. And yes I've learn't te reo before and that was at my school. Thank's to our wonderful Maori teachers as well as our teachers we are able to learn Maori with many different ways. From communicating to having tasks involving the Maori culture. Thank for asking though. I'm very glad you enjoyed the video as well as the task. And I can agree with everyone that learning a new language can be a bit tricky but it's also a great thing to learn something new. Thank you so much Benjamin for the lovely and positive comment.

      Deborah!

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Deborah,

    My name is Shannon and I’m from the Summer Learning Journey.


    Ka pai on your Te Huarere slide show. I am just learning te reo too, so I found your blog post very helpful. Have you ever thought about becoming a teacher, because you are amazing at giving instructions on your screen castify. I particularly liked the tips and tricks you included in your screen castify.

    I am on holiday with my family so I asked my mum, “He aha te tohu huarere?” She replied, “He rangi paki.” It looks like we might be going for a swim! What have been you doing over your summer break?

    This is a wonderful blog post Deborah, and thank you for allowing me to follow your Te Huarere learning.

    Ka kite anō,
    Shannon (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Shannon !

      Thank you for this encouraging and kind comment. I'm very happy that you found this blog post helpful because it makes me proud that I was able to share te reo Maori that was helpful for you.

      And I mean being a teacher sounds great "haha". LOL! I'm glad my instructions were helpful for you and that you learn't something new. I hope your swim was good and that the weather was perfect. Thank you Shannon !

      Deborah

      Delete