Pages

Thursday 7 January 2021

Making a Cup And Saucer with String / SLJ / Week 4

 -- SUMMER LEARNING JOURNEY --


Task Description:
Hey guys! this is the other task for Monday and what we did was read a book about two siblings who were stuck in their house because it was raining. They told their aunty that they were very bored and didn't know what to do. Their aunty said to them " you could play a game " Aunty handed them a ball of string. The two siblings made different patterns with the string. Making the patterns with the strings kept them occupied. So now you know a bit of what the story is about now I'm going to be talking to you about what we had to do for the activity. So what we had to do was create a Cup and Saucer using some string. I got a quick hand of it and found it super enjoyable. Here is a slide show of how it turned out. Check it out!

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Deborah,

    Fiona here from the SLJ team. You have done some amazing work on the ‘Whai String Games’ task - ka pai! Your video is really helpful and I really like the way you have included a summary of the book you read for this task.

    I had never made a cup and saucer pattern out of string before, so I thought that this activity was so much fun! One pattern I know how to make is the 'hand trap' pattern, where you have a friend put their hand in the string and then get them out. Do you know any other string patterns?

    I'm so glad you liked this activity. Keep up the fantastic blogging!

    Mā te wā,

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fiona!

      Thank you for commenting straight away. I'm glad you found this video helpful even though the process looked a bit difficult. I'm definitly familiar with the 'hand trap' one because I remember doing it with my friends back at school.

      Thank you Fiona!

      Deborah :)

      Delete