Pages

Wednesday 6 January 2021

Build a Sundial With Deborah / SLJ / Week 4

  -- SUMMER LEARNING JOURNEY --


Task Description:
Welcome everyone! My name is Deborah and welcome to week four of the Summer learning Journey. For those who are new this is a program held during the Christmas break where student's from different schools blog. It is week four and lately I have been pretty busy so this is a catch up task from Monday. I will be blogging the rest soon so remember to check my blog for any updates. This is our science activity for this week and what we had to make is something called a Sundial . I couldn't make the video for this activity because it was to noisy and outside was way to hot so I just decided to make a slide show for you to follow along. Check it out !

4 comments:

  1. Hi Deborah,
    Well done on building such a great sundial, I really like your Google Slides presentation, it made it really easy to understand.
    You have shown amazing engineering skills in building your own sundial, you must be really proud of yourself.
    Nanogirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank's Nanogirl!

      I appreciate this wonderful and kind comment. Thank you, I'm very happy you loved the slide show and how it made it really easy to understand. And yes I am very proud of this task and how it turned out.

      THANK YOU!!

      Deborah :)

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Deborah,

    Wow, what an amazing post!

    I never knew that the first sundial was in Egypt. Thank you for teaching me something new!

    You have so clearly shared with others how you created your sundial. Ka pai!

    Your sundial itself looks great too! Nanogirl is right, you have shown great engineering skills.

    You have done an amazing job at this task and clearly worked hard. I will be awarding you bonus points as this is an outstanding post.

    Keep up the amazing blogging!

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlotte!

      I'm glad the Egypt fact was something new to you. I actually learn't this by Nanogirl so you should probably thank her. OMG, than you! My main goal when writing down the instructions were to make it clear and understandable as possible. I owe it all to Nanogirl for her wonderful teaching. As always thank you for your thoughtful comments as well as the bonus points

      THANK YOU!

      Deborah :)

      Delete