Pages

Tuesday 11 February 2020

letter for Mrs Tele'a

Dear Mrs Tele’a,

Paragraph 1: Introduce who you are (things like your culture, family, age)


Malo e Lelei and greetings. To Start of by introducing myself my name is Deborah. I am currently 11 years old and turning 12 in August. I was born right here in New Zealand, Auckland. Both of my parents are from tonga. On my mum's side I just have a bit of samoan in my blood like I said from my mom's side. I come from a family of six including my parents. I am the oldest out of my siblings and is sadly the only girl. In my family the only cultures we speak is English and Tonagan. I love all my cultures I hold in my family and I’m proud to be a part of the culture.




Paragraph 2: What are some of your interests or favourite things ?


I love sports so much and enjoy it very much. I am a huge netball fan, especially a silver ferns fan.It is My hobby when it comes to summer. I especially enjoy playing Netball and rugby. I mainly enjoy netball because I play it majority of the time I play sports. I really enjoy the hard work that comes out of the game and the fun times me and my team have fun. I love to be really active in sports and love to play it with friends. So far this year I am hopefully wanting to play as many sports as I can. In netball I really look up to a player in the silver ferns, and her name is Maria Folau. She has been my favorite netball player ever since I’ve started to play netball. I love how she plays netball and her technique shooting. She is a great person to look up to when you love this sport.





Paragraph 3: What do you like and dislike at school? What are your goals for 2020?


My all time favorite subject is math but I’m starting to like writing more. At the moment I'm enjoying writing and make the writing interesting and fun to read. I love to use big words sometimes but not as much. In my writing I try to make it like I said fun but also clear and Interesting to read. I love reading as well. My favorite chapter books I love to read are Geronimo Stilton books. I love to read them because they have clear sentences that make the writing make sense and helps me Imagine what's going on in my head. They are interesting books that make me want to read the whole book in one go. I love the adventurist kind books, they are just very mysterious and it makes you want to read more. With math I love to learn from the problem and hopefully help me next time with the other works I do. My goals for this year are to do well in all my subjects and work hard at school and home. I will try and push myself to practice the things I’m a bit stuck on and improve on those mistakes. I am wanting to take a big step in my learning and try my best this year.




Paragraph 4: What does a good teacher do? How can Mrs Tele’a support you this year?


When teachers comment on my work on my blog it is very helpful to me in ways. It helps me fix the mistakes and helps me learn for them next time. I can get the thoughts from them and some ways to fix my work. The comments I receive from people, they help me to feel good about myself and helps me notice I’m doing the right thing and is doing okay in what I’m work i'm doing .






Is there anything else you would like Mrs Tele’a to know about you?

I would like Mrs Tele’a to know that sometimes I need the teacher to explain more about the work and then I’ll get it. If I know how the work is done then it will make sense in my head. But most of the time I can work with it and will know what's going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment